For the pork balls:
500g very lean minced pork
1 tablespoon (15ml) Thai fish sauce
2 tablespoons kaffir lime leaves (fresh or bottled), chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
For the kebabs:
2 red or orange peppers, cut into large cubes
Serve with: 200g cooked basmati rice, large packet of salad leaves such as rocket or herb salad, fat free dressing (optional)
- If you have a food processor, place all of the pork ball ingredients in the bowl and process until well mixed. Alternatively, mix well together with a fork.
- Make the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut, using a little flour if the mixture is sticky.
- Thread the pepper and pork balls alternately onto skewers.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Grill or barbeque the kebabs turning frequently until the juices run clear.
- Serve with the salad leaves and rice with a fat free dressing of your choice.
Approximate nutrition analysis per portion:
- Energy kcal = 400
- Fat = 9.6g
- Fibre = 2.6g
- Salt = 0.3g
- Medium G
Remember - look out for:
Five a day - How to reach your five a day target!
- Snack on fruit/nuts (in moderation) if you are feeling hungry between meals
- Drink fresh juice or smoothies for your breakfast.
- Add pulses/beans to curries and soups.
- Add salad to sandwiches.
- Incorporate vegetables within your lunch, snacking or main meal at least 3 portions.
- Use the water from your cooked vegetables to add to your gravy.
- Add fruit, nuts to your breakfast cereal.