1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1 medium onion chopped
500g skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
50g good quality mango chutney
1 small pawpaw, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
20g coconut cream
To serve (one portion):
45g (dry weight) basmati rice
80g green beans
For the mango chicken:
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken breast and fry for five minutes.
- Stir in the mango chutney and pawpaw and simmer very gently until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut cream and, once melted, the mixture is ready to serve. Divide into five portions, refridgerating if not used.
For one portion:
Cook the basmatic rice according to the pack instructions, and steam the green beans. Serve with the mango chicken.
Approximate nutrition anlysis per portion:
- Energy kcal = 350
- Fat = 3.8
- Fibre = 3.3g
- Sugars = 12g
- Salt = 0.5g
- Medium G
Remember - look out for:
Five a day - How to reach your five a day target!
- Snack on fruit/nuts (in moderation) if you are feeling hungry between meals
- Drink fresh juice or smoothies for your breakfast.
- Add pulses/beans to curries and soups.
- Add salad to sandwiches.
- Incorporate vegetables within your lunch, snacking or main meal at least 3 portions.
- Use the water from your cooked vegetables to add to your gravy.
- Add fruit, nuts to your breakfast cereal.