1 kiwi fruit, peeled and cubed
40g grapes or other fruit
150g pot fat - free Greek strained yoghurt
2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat a grill or use a culinary blowtorch.
- Place the fruit in the bottom of a small shallow ovenproof dish.
- Spoon over the yoghurt and smooth the surface so its flat.
- Evenly sprinkle over the sugar.
- Place under the grill or use blowtorch to quickly caramelise the sugar until golden brown.
- Either chill the desert or eat once the sugar has cooled.
Aprroximate nutrition analysis per portion:
- Energy kcal = 170
- Fat = 0g
- Fibre = 1.3g
- Sugars = 24g
- Medium GI
Remember - look out for:
Five a day - How to reach your five a day target!
- Snack on fruit/nuts (in moderation) if you are feeling hungry between meals
- Drink fresh juice or smoothies for your breakfast.
- Add pulses/beans to curries and soups.
- Add salad to sandwiches.
- Incorporate vegetables within your lunch, snacking or main meal at least 3 portions.
- Use the water from your cooked vegetables to add to your gravy.
- Add fruit, nuts to your breakfast cereal.