For turkey patties:
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium courgette, grated
500g lean turkey mince
2 tablespoons fresh or dried tarragon
For salad (based on 1 person)
1 fresh peach or nectarine, sliced into segments
40g portion of rocket or leaf salad
little lemon juice
1 wholemeal pitta bread, heated
- Combine all the turkey patty ingredients in a large bowl or food processor.
- Divide into six and shape into patties, using a little flour to prevent sticking. Use one patty per person, refrigerating or freezing any remaining.
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan or lightly spray oil onto a frying pan.
- Gently cook one patty per person, turning half way through, until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad, sprinkling the lemon juice on the leaves.
- Serve the patty in the pitta bread either stuffed with the salad or with the salad on the side.
Approximate nutrition analysis per portion:
- Energy kcal: = 295
- Salt = 0.8g
- Fat = 6.3g
- Firbre = 6.2g
- Medium Gl
Remember - look out for:
Five a day - How to reach your five a day target!
- Snack on fruit/nuts (in moderation) if you are feeling hungry between meals
- Drink fresh juice or smoothies for your breakfast.
- Add pulses/beans to curries and soups.
- Add salad to sandwiches.
- Incorporate vegetables within your lunch, snacking or main meal at least 3 portions.
- Use the water from your cooked vegetables to add to your gravy.
- Add fruit, nuts to your breakfast cereal.